Thanks, Dimitri. A pull request would be great. Looks like the outstanding items are:
- Fixing licensing
- Deciding on package structure. FWIW, the phoenix-spark module has scala code, so this is a little bit of precedence for non Java code.
- Tweaking our release process/scripts to handle Python appropriately. Is that an ASF way of releasing Python libraries?

I haven't looked yet, but is there good test coverage for all this? What about backward compatibility - any tests in place to validate that nothing gets broken from release to release?

Thanks,
James