Global indexes are stored in a separate hbase table. So, you can estimate memory footprint by looking at the data size of that index currently.

HTH,
Anil Gupta

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 7:19 AM, Sumit Nigam <sumit_only@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to estimate what (if any) are the implications of accumulating data in phoenix secondary index. I have a secondary index on 3 columns and would like to know if anyone has an idea of how to estimate memory footprint of secondary index (if any) based on number of entries in data table. The index is global and not local.

Plus, what is the impact of setting IN_MEMORY=true when index is created?

Thanks,
Sumit

--
Thanks & Regards,