HBase does that automatically for you. Regions will be redistributed by HBase balancer and after next major compaction, locality of data will be restored, but ... HBase balancer works on a global level (all tables) and can not rebalance only one table, besides this there is a such a separate beast as HDFS balancer that makes its own decisions and does not care much about HBase data. It is recommended to disable HDFS balancer in HBase cluster for this reason.

-Vlad