From Ravi Kiran <maghamraviki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How fast is upsert select?
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 14:36:23 GMT
Hi ,

   Since you are saying billions of rows, why don't you try out the
MapReduce route to speed up the process.  You can take a look at how
IndexTool.java(
https://github.com/apache/phoenix/blob/359c255ba6c67d01a810d203825264907f580735/phoenix-core/src/main/java/org/apache/phoenix/mapreduce/index/IndexTool.java)
 was written as it does a similar task of reading from a Phoenix table and
writes the data into the target table using bulk load.

Regards
Ravi