From "Riesland, Zack" <Zack.Riesl...@sensus.com>
Subject RE: Phoenix vs Hive
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 12:47:15 GMT
If the counts are, indeed, different, then the next question is: how are you getting data from
hive to phoenix?

From: anil gupta [mailto:anilgupta84@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 3:48 AM
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: Re: Phoenix vs Hive

You can do major compaction via Hbase shell.
Whats the exact query you are running? How you mapped hbase table to hive? You can also run
Row_Counter job(http://thinkonhadoop.blogspot.com/2013/11/hbase-table-row-count.html) of hbase
to count number of rows. This would help figure out whether Phoenix is wrong or hive.

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 12:20 AM, Halil Ibrahim Simsek <halil@simsek.email<mailto:halil@simsek.email>>