From Stan Campbell <stan.campbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix and CDH 5 (HBase 0.96)
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 17:51:16 GMT
Yes, doing your own build of PHX against the specific CDH hadoop binaries
and the specific HBase you're using is probably best.  However, if you can
run with the repo's copies of hadoop, HBase, and PHX outside of the CDH
environment then you've validated the version compat between those
components.  Anything else is CDH-specific.  I've had to build against the
CDH versions of some of the libraries to avoid things like this nasty
"IBM_JAVA" exception that would sometimes crop up.

Good luck!

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 9:57 AM, Alex Kamil <alex.kamil@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ido,
>
> I've had similar troubles setting up phoenix to work with cdh4, had to
> re-build phoenix with hadoop and hbase from cdh , I posted steps here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1041
>
> hope this helps
>
> Alex
>

> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Stan Campbell <stan.campbell3@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Eek.  Ugly trace.  Using your mix of phx hadoop and hbase, can you test
>> successfully without CDH?
>>  On Jun 13, 2014 1:11 AM, "Seonghwan Moon" <sofangel@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Stan,
>>>
>>> I have tried but failed  with (CDH5.0.1_hadoop2.3.0 + HBase 0.98.1 + PHX
>>> 4 )
>>>
>>> Here is the error messages.
>>> Any idea?
>>>
>>> 14/06/13 17:10:17 WARN ipc.CoprocessorRpcChannel: Call failed on
>>> IOException
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Failed after