Hi,
I have a table where an auto-increment integer field is present.
As there is no support for sequence in version 2.2.2, I am using following SQL statements to insert data. Tell me which one is better or is there anything better than this?

explain upsert into test (serial, id, val)  select 4, max(id)+1, 'test' from test;

+------------+
|    PLAN    |
+------------+
| UPSERT SELECT |
| CLIENT PARALLEL 1-WAY FULL SCAN OVER TEST |
|     SERVER AGGREGATE INTO SINGLE ROW |
+------------+

 explain upsert into test (serial, id, val)  select 4, id+1, 'test' from test order by id desc limit 1;

+------------+
|    PLAN    |
| UPSERT SELECT |
| CLIENT PARALLEL 1-WAY FULL SCAN OVER TEST |
|     SERVER TOP 1 ROW SORTED BY [ID DESC] |
| CLIENT MERGE SORT |

regards,
Sumanta

and any attachments. Thank you