Got it, CDH5 Beta 2 was recently released which is 0.96 proper, fyi.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 10:47 AM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org> wrote:
No, AFAIK, the HBase 0.95 branch is a dead-end - that's in Apache HBase-land - I don't know about the distributions that other companies put out. I'm not sure what kind of upgrade path there is from 0.95 either.

Ask on the HBase user list to get more clarity.

Thanks,
James