Yes, that's a bug. Would you mind filing another JIRA for that one so we can get that fixed?

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 4:52 PM, Justin Workman <justinjworkman@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes. I was quoting the column name. It did allow me to alter table and drop the column with the quotes.

However it threw an error when I tried to alter table and add the column with the right data type.

In production we are upserting into a new table like you suggest. I was trying to find a more seamless approach.

Sent from my iPhone