From Justin Workman <justinjwork...@gmail.com>
Subject How to drop table from Phoenix but preserve HBase table
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 21:11:50 GMT
I'm looking for some guidance on the proper way to drop a table from
Phoenix yet preserve the underlying HBase table and data? I have read here,
https://github.com/forcedotcom/phoenix/issues/219, that I should be able to
set a value to false and have the table preserved in HBase. Is this a
client side or server side setting?

I added that value, phoenix.schema.dropMetaData, to my clients
hbase-site.xml and set it to false and when I dropped the table in Phoenix,
it did preserve the table in HBase, however it truncated all of the data.

Is there anyway to preserve both the table and data when dropping a table
in Phoenix?