From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase 0.96 & Hive support
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2014 19:59:27 GMT
I'll add to Stan's summary: the effort to add DataType API to HBase [0] is
driven by precisely this kind of use-case. When applications all agree on
the encoding format, this level of interop becomes far simpler and more
predictable. As Stan says, we're not there yet, but I'm optimistic ;)

[0]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8089