From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject [REPORT] Lucene.NET - September, 2021
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2021 21:35:16 GMT

Apache Lucene.NET is a port of the Lucene search engine library, written in C#
and targeted at .NET runtime users.

## Issues:

There are no Board-level issues at this time.

We are still trying to work with INFRA to resolve a CI/CD issue we are having
with GitHub action https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-21453
which is an ongoing task to allow us to automate the building and deployment
of both the Lucene.Net website but also it's documentation site.

## Membership Data:

Apache Lucene.Net was founded 2012-08-14 (9 years ago)
There are currently 17 committers and 14 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 9:7.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No community committer or PMC changes in the last quarter.
- Ron Clabo was added as committer on 2021-06-02.

## Project Activity:

We are continuing to track down bugs and/or mistranslations from Java, and are
uncovering new issues every month. There has been an overall effort to
normalize exception handling, fix system timing issues, and to fix many
inefficiencies due to Java APIs that were missing in .NET, that have recently
been added to J2N.

J2N has been the primary focus of the Lucene.NET project this quarter.

Recent releases: Apache-Lucene.Net-4.8.0-beta00014 was released on 2021-03-28.
Apache-Lucene.Net-4.8.0-beta00013 was released on 2020-11-16.
Apache-Lucene.Net-4.8.0-beta00012 was released on 2020-09-19.

If all goes to plan there will be further beta releases shipped in the next
quarter and then hopefully an RC and final release of 4.8.

## Community Health:

Last quarter we welcomed our newest committer, Ron Clabo on 2021-06-02. He has
been helping a lot to close GitHub issues, answer incoming questions, and
promote Lucene.NET.

We have seen a slow down of incoming bug reports and have closed some issues
that have been open for a long time, which is hopefully a good sign that we
are nearing stability.

Since 2021-03-17 there has been 53 PRs created to the project of which 50 have
been closed or merged.

Since 2021-03-17 there has been 21 bugs reported to the project of which 10
have been fixed or closed.

(previous quarter stats available directly via
https://reporter.apache.org/wizard/statistics?lucenenet#githubissues)