From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Lucene.NET 4.8.0-beta00009
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2020 13:32:39 GMT
Here are the release notes from GitHub - we are keeping them as a draft until the release.

Bugs

    #294 - Fixed the description for Lucene.NET 2.9.4 in the API documentation.

Improvements

    #260 - Changed culture-sensitivity of function-based queries to use the invariant culture
when parsing/formatting values, to match the Lucene implementation.
    #266 - Added documentation to show example usage of injecting custom codecs, doc values
formats, and postings formats with pure DI or using a dependency injection container. An demo
project named Lucene.Net.Tests.TestFramework.DependencyInjection has also been provided as
an example of using Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection to provide custom codecs to the
test environment so they can be used during testing of other components.
    #295 - PERFORMANCE Fixed boxing issue with NUnit asserts when passing common primitive
types. This significantly improves the performance of running tests.
    Upgraded to ICU4N 60.1.0-alpha.350 and refactored the collation features of Lucene.Net.ICU
to utilize the new UCultureInfo class.

New Features

    #254 - Implementation of "System Properties" which allow users to supply configuration
values to the test framework and lucene-cli using configuration files or environment variables.