From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2017 08:01:41 GMT
On 2017-04-25, Shad Storhaug wrote:

> I have gone through the procedure and created and signed the release
> artifacts.

Many thanks.

> The only issue seems to be that only PMC members are allowed to put
> the release artifacts into the release directory.

Yes, this is true.

> So, the files can be obtained at
> http://www.shadstorhaug.com/lucenenet.zip. Please download, unzip, and
> upload the contents to the
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/lucenenet/ directory.

That would be https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucenenet/ until
the vote passes, after which it gets moved over to release.

Unfortunately I can't seem to commit anything to dist svn right now
myself either. I'll ping infra.

> Let me know if there is anything out of place, as this is the first
> time I have tried this.

One thing I should tell you is that you may be facing frustration
because you may be forced to create a second candidate because of
seemingly minor issues. Usually it's the legal stuff that causes
problems (and is the real reason we have release votes).

I already see the first one, the binary zip lacks the required LICENSE
and NOTICE files. Sorry.

Another thing that I'm, afraid have have gone unnoticed may be files
that lack the license headers. I think I should be able to identify and
fix most of them using RAT, are you building from the master branch or
is it a different branch?

>>> But what happens if icu-dotnet for .NET Core is released after the
>>> packages are created and before they are approved?

>> Is this a likely scenario?

> Not sure. On one hand, the original request for adding .NET Core support was nearly a
year ago (https://github.com/sillsdev/icu-dotnet/issues/8). On the other, along with 2 beta
releases already this month, there has been a flurry of activity around Connie's recent pull
request (https://github.com/sillsdev/icu-dotnet/pull/37).

> But since beta means a small subset of our users, and International means a small subset
of those users, it isn't likely there will be many complaints.

So we could address the newer icu release with a subsequent beta? Sounds
good to me.

Stefan