lucenenet-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Itamar Syn-Hershko (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Closed] (LUCENENET-527) Error indexing queue items,read past EOF with UmbracoExamine using Lucene.Net v2.9.4.1
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 19:30:03 GMT


Itamar Syn-Hershko closed LUCENENET-527.

    Resolution: Cannot Reproduce

> Error indexing queue items,read past EOF with UmbracoExamine using Lucene.Net v2.9.4.1

> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: LUCENENET-527
>                 URL:
>             Project: Lucene.Net
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Lucene.Net Core
>    Affects Versions: Lucene.Net 2.9.4
>         Environment: Implemented in Umbraco v6.0.5
>            Reporter: Robert McEvoy
> Hello,
> We are have site has a lot of backend user traffic where nodes are being updated by multiple
users - this means the indices are being updated frequently. I'm doing some searching on the
umbraco indicies and some custom indices we setup through the UmbracoExamine configurations.
> Recently we have been experiencing issues where an event from Umbraco that triggers an
index optimization will result in a read past EOF error, the following is an excerpt form
our Umbraco log:
> {code}
> 2013-10-17 14:36:19,597 [5] INFO  umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log - [Thread 85] Redirected
log call (please use Umbraco.Core.Logging.LogHelper instead of umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log)
| Type: Error | User: 0 | NodeId: -1 | Comment: [UmbracoExamine] (InternalIndexer)Error indexing
queue items,read past EOF, IndexSet: InternalIndexSet
> {code}
> What happens after we see this exception is that all of our indices (with the exception
of one - the InternalMemberIndex) will then show old empty segments_* files alongside the
newer ones (for example right now I see segments_2g0 with a size of 726 bytes and segments_2fv
with a file size of 0 bytes). When we remove the 0 bytes segments files,  the EOF errors go
away and the indices will function properly again.
> I found a few other issues that are very similar to ours that seem to point to the culprit
possibly being a process that is keeping the older segments file from being deleted after
it is optimized into the new one.
> I realize this could actually be an UmbracoExamine issue, but I wanted to cover all my
bases as this is occurring in a pretty large production site, and checking the index folders
for the 0 bytes segments files is not a viable solution for us. I will update this issue if
I get a resolution somewhere else.
> Thanks,
> Robert

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

View raw message