From Gian Maria Ricci <alkamp...@nablasoft.com>
Subject RE: FastVectorHilighter
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 10:37:58 GMT
Actually the main problem is that FastVectoryHilighter in .NET version does
not even support PrefixQuery, and fixing this problem is quite simple thing
to do. To fix and support highlight for more complex queries like the
MultiPhraseQuery can be much more work ;) and probably does not make sense
if even Lucene still does not support them.

--
Ricci Gian Maria
MVP Visual Studio ALM
http://www.codewrecks.com
http://blogs.ugidotnet.org/rgm
Twitter: http://twitter.com/alkampfer
Msn: alkampfer@nablasoft.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Svensson [mailto:sisve@devhost.se]
Sent: martedì 28 agosto 2012 11:23
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Cc: Gian Maria Ricci
Subject: Re: FastVectorHilighter

Hi,

It sounds like you've hit LUCENE-3332
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3332>
(FastVectorHighlighter ignores MultiPhraseQuery (and more)). It's not yet
fixed in Lucene, and this makes me wonder; do we "fix" things that have yet
to be fixed in Lucene? Wouldn't that mean that we're ahead of the Lucene
project for some files, and behind for others? Is this a problem?

Anyway, creating a Jira issue and attaching any patches is always welcome.

// Simon