From Gian Maria Ricci <alkamp...@nablasoft.com>
Subject FastVectorHilighter
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 08:53:18 GMT
Hi to everyone,

I'm using the fastVectorHilighter but I found little problems, first of all
it does not highlight if you use PrefixQuery or payload query, the problem
is quite simple, is just because in the code there are checks like this one

  if (query is TermQuery)

                {

                    AddTerm(((TermQuery)query).GetTerm(), query.GetBoost());

                }

That prevent from using other types of query. Another issue is that if I
want a piece of text of X character length, the match word is at the very
beginning, but I really wish to have them in the middle, because I'm
interested in text around the word, and I think that this should be a
reasonable default.

I've modified the Contrib.FastVectoryHilighter project to fix those two
problem (I'm still testing everything) so I'm asking if there is plan to
already fix those stuff in the next version so I can do minimal change now
waiting for the next version, or if I can invest some of my time continue to
fix those issue in the actual version, (if you want to review my patch to
include in the code you are welcome).

Thanks for your attention and thanks for the exceptional work you are doing
with Lucene.NET.

--

Ricci Gian Maria

MVP Visual Studio ALM