From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: 3.0.3 Pre-Release Nuget Packages
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2012 19:43:51 GMT

Itamar - can you provide a status update on what work you've done on the Geometry stuff? If
it's something that you're close on, could we commit it to the trunk and 3.0.3 branch so that
the community could try their hand at finishing it? If not, I think we should move without
it. I don't want to hold off 3.0.3 that much longer

> Subject: Re: 3.0.3 Pre-Release Nuget Packages
> From: zgramana@gmail.com
> Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 17:18:17 -0400
> To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
>
> Glad to hear it.
>
> FWIW, I've deployed the Spatial contrib on client projects against 2.9.4.1, which would
break without the Geometry namespace. I'm doubt I'm the only one.

> I would encourage not releasing the 3.0.3 Contribs.Spatial until that is included. I
think most people using the stable NuGet feed would expect 3.0.3 to be complete with respect
to Java Lucene. It may take people quite a bit of work to get their code working again in
3.0.3 with just the .NETification changes alone. If people find that, after all that work,
they now have to wait for a maintenance release, there could be some real grumpy coders out
there taking to social media with pitch forks in hand.

> It sounded like he was done with 4.0 and just back porting to 3.5. I would be happy to
lend Itamar a hand, if he feels it could help.