From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Lucene.NET 3.0.3 Build issues
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 20:00:09 GMT
I use VS2010 and they opened fine for me to cut the pre-release nuget packages. I'll try to
take a in the next day or two to see if I can't move that back to a VS2010 package.

I wouldn't have an issue with a VS2012 solution file - as long as it was in VS2012 build folder,
not the VS2010 folder; and we had a VS2010 solution.

Thanks for the heads up

~P

> From: neal.granroth@thermofisher.com
> To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
> Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 12:07:34 -0700
> Subject: Lucene.NET 3.0.3 Build issues
>
> I just pulled down the 3.0.3 branch from SVN and have encountered an initial problem
with the VisualStudio solution file Lucene.Net.Core.sln in the VS2010 folder.

> This solution will not load in VS2010, Visual Studio complains that it was created with
a newer version.
> Opening the solution file in notepad reveals that it was created with VS2012 (a not yet
released product)

> It would be very helpful if those maintaining the source distribution limit themselves
to released development tools only.

> It also make me wonder of the viability of any binary distributions; they certainly should
not have been created with VS2012RC