From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Outstanding issues for 3.0.3
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 14:57:38 GMT
Actually that's a good point, I don't think mercurial is an option for apache software projects
- but I know git was rolled out over the last year as an option

> Subject: Re: Outstanding issues for 3.0.3
> From: zgramana@gmail.com
> Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 10:42:14 -0400
> To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
>
> On Aug 2, 2012, at 3:04 AM, Itamar Syn-Hershko wrote:
>
> > Nowadays git works just great for Windows, and it's much easier to work
> > with than Hg
>
> In the interest of full disclosure, I have done a lot of work on hosting Mercurial in
C# apps and have committed to both Mercurial and IronPython, so one might guess, I view hg
> git. I didn't realize the Apache Foundation already had it's own git server + github
mirror, though. If the choice is between git and svn, git wins my vote every time.