From Simon Svensson <si...@devhost.se>
Subject Lucene.Net 3.0.3 and medium trust
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 05:01:42 GMT
Hi,

I'm having trouble upgrading a web application running under medium
trust from 2.9.4 to 3.0.3. Code that previously worked now throws a
SecurityException.

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission,
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
    Lucene.Net.Support.WeakKey`1..ctor(T key) +0
    Lucene.Net.Support.WeakDictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) +113
    Lucene.Net.Util.DefaultAttributeFactory.GetClassForInterface() +178
    Lucene.Net.Util.DefaultAttributeFactory.CreateAttributeInstance() +95
    Lucene.Net.Util.AttributeSource.AddAttribute() +375
    Lucene.Net.Analysis.CharTokenizer..ctor(TextReader input) +126
    Lucene.Net.Analysis.WhitespaceTokenizer..ctor(TextReader in) +37

The DefaultAttributeFactory, via WeakReference, requires
SecurityPermissionFlag.UnmanagedCode which is not present under medium
trust. There's an AttributeFactory.DEFAULT_ATTRIBUTE_FACTORY which I
could to replace the DefaultAttributeFactory, but it's readonly. I'm
rewriting my code to call the constructor overload (on tokenizers)
accepting an AttributeFactory, but this means that I cannot use any
existing Analyzer since they don't provide an extension points to change
the AttributeFactory.

Is medium trust [using default classes] dropped in 3.0.3, or is this
something we've missed?

// Simon