From Michael Herndon <mhern...@wickedsoftware.net>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] Contrib and releases
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 19:38:00 GMT
Some of the stuff currently in core were moved to contrib projects in newer
versions of Lucene

An example of this is the standard analyzer for 4x, is no longer in the
core project. So that is a scenario to be wary of.

As previously mentioned by chris, we should probably continue to maintain
what we have and slowly increase as contributors invest the time in porting
a contrib project, but otherwise concentrate on the essential.

Though I would imagine we should define what is considered to be essential
for a release and what is not.  Its also possible to put contrib projects
not essential on a different release cycle altogether.