From Troy Howard <thowar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] Staging Web page
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2011 23:46:20 GMT
I second that, and also a little background on the theoretical
underpinnings of the Lucene project, in general... There are some
great explanations of inverted indexing out there, and at least one
presentation by Doug Cutting that explains the original design of
Lucene, in a lot of detail, including reasoning, which I personally
found really valuable when learning both how to use the library most
effectively and how to hack on the library's internals.

Here's some D. Cutting presentations I googled up. I think there are
more out there.

http://lucene.sourceforge.net/talks/pisa/
http://lucene.sourceforge.net/talks/inktomi/

Thanks,