From Itamar Syn-Hershko <ita...@code972.com>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] Is a Lucene.Net Line-by-Line Jave port needed?
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 17:29:25 GMT
NHibernate has a much bigger community and more active devs afaict.

The proposed changes as I understand them are not about changing class
structure or APIs, but merely touch hunks of code and rewrite them to
use better .NET practices (yield, generics, LINQ etc). In conjunction
with a move to .NET 4.0 this would increase readability, improve GC and
boost performance.

IMO this doesn't have to be a line-by-line port in order to make porting
of patches easy - what digy seem to be really worried about (and he's
right). As long as the meaning of the code is clear, it shouldn't be a
real problem to apply Java patches to the .NET codebase. And as long as
the test suite keeps being thorough, there's really nothing to fear of.