From Peter Mateja <peter.mat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Initial committers list for Incubator Proposal
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 17:29:44 GMT
I'd like to be listed as a Contributor as well.  I don't think I'll be able
to devote the resources required to be a Commiter at this time, but I
definitely have an interest in the viability and growth of this port.

My name is Peter Mateja.  I currently work at Sonic Foundry, Inc., where
I've been working with Lucene.Net to develop a custom enterprise search
solution.  Previously, I'd worked with Lucene.Java and Solr to index and
data mine hundreds of millions of forum and blog posts to drive social media
analysis at a small startup (Networked Insights).  I live in the midwest
(Madison, WI).

As you can see, I've worked with both languages / frameworks (Java and C# /
.Net).  As a personal preference, I'd choose C# over Java, all other factors
being equal.  I'm particularly interested in seeing Lucene.Net make use of
more .Net 3.0+ (well 3.5+ would be nice) features.  I'd also love to see a
general purpose web service ala Solr that runs on the IIS stack, down the
line.

Peter Mateja
peter.mateja@gmail.com