From Troy Howard <thowar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal Status, Initial Committors List, Contributors List
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 18:46:46 GMT
For a description of the Affliliations section from the Guide to
Proposal Creation, see:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html#template-affiliations

Essentially, this covers any non-ASF affiliations which may impact
your work as a committer. For example, if you work for a company, who
is paying you specifically to work on Lucene.Net, that affiliation
should be detailed. The risk is that the company may have interests
which could run into conflict with ASF, or if they are providing paid
development they may choose to stop providing that, causing a
committer to no longer be active or interested.

Because these situations present significant risk, it's best to detail
them upfront. I filled out information for my company because Chris
and I will both work on Lucene.Net as part of our on-the-clock work. I
don't foresee this as being an issue, but none-the-less, it's
appropriate to be fully transparent about this affiliation.

Thanks,
Troy