From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build & CI Considerations
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:28:44 GMT
On 2011-01-26, Wyatt Barnett wrote:

> 2) CI : oh hells yeah. My vision would be to setup something where the
> automated conversion would be triggered by commits to the "stable"
> branch of the java project. I think if we can construct this bit right
> we can even really get down the road of automatically running all the
> conversion options until we get it "right".

Sounds good.  "Back to the mundane" as you said later the ASF runs a few
options for CI <http://ci.apache.org/>, one of them is Hudson
<https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/> which has at least one Windows slave
installation (Server 2008) and is supposed to support MSBuild.  Buildbot
might work as well.

I'm not up to speed with the state of xbuild but adding support for it
to Gump (which fills quite a different role from a traditional CI)
wouldn't be too hard and give us builds on Mono - albeit 2.4 right now,
this could be changed by adding the Mono PPAs to the Ubuntu servers.

Stefan