lucenenet-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Brett J (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] Resolved: (LUCENENET-370) boosting fields when creating index document no longer seems to work in 2.9.*
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:32:51 GMT


Brett J resolved LUCENENET-370.

    Resolution: Not A Problem

If you use:


it works as expected

> boosting fields when creating index document no longer seems to work in 2.9.*
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: LUCENENET-370
>                 URL:
>             Project: Lucene.Net
>          Issue Type: Bug
>         Environment: XP  VS2010 c#
>            Reporter: Brett J
>   Original Estimate: 24h
>  Remaining Estimate: 24h
> Hello,
> there seems to be an issue with boosting document fields in 2.9.*.
> If I switch the lucene DLL back to it works fine, but when I change to 2.9.*
or above, the boost no longer seems to have an effect on the query results.
> i.e 
> Field fldContent = new Field("f1", value, Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.ANALYZED);
> fldContent.SetBoost(1000)
> Field fldContent = new Field("f2", value, Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.ANALYZED);
> fldContent.SetBoost(1)
> A prefix query searching both f1 and f2 should always return f1 matches with a higher
score and at the top of the results, this seems to be broken in 2.9.*.
> If you add the boost to the query itself and not the field it works correctly, but this
is slower and we want to avoid it.
> We had to downgrade back to to get around the issue
> cheers
> Brett
> ..

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

View raw message