From Michael Garski <mgar...@myspace-inc.com>
Subject RE: More compiler warnings.
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 17:29:33 GMT
Andy -

Attachments don't come through on the mailing list, so you'll have to
open a JIRA issue and attach the files that way.  Sounds like there are
two separate issues from your email (one for the CustomScoreProvider &
one for the .bat files).

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Pook [mailto:andy.pook@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 9:20 AM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: More compiler warnings.

I've noticed another compiler warning that can be easier avoided...

  Search\Function\CustomScoreQuery.cs(207,25): warning CS0108:
'Lucene.Net.Sear
ch.Function.CustomScoreQuery.AnonymousCustomScoreProvider.reader' hides
inherit
ed member 'Lucene.Net.Search.Function.CustomScoreProvider.reader'. Use
the new
keyword if hiding was intended.

Hopefully the patch makes the problem obvious.
In this particular case it doesn't cause a real problem, but I think
it's worth clearing up before you tag for 2.9.2.

I've also attached the batch files I use to compile. These ignore the
vast majority of warning caused by the Java->C# conversion which makes
spotting these potentially problematic issues more obvious. (You'll
need to rename them to remove the trailing x. GMail wouldn't let be
send executable files).

Cheers,
  Andy