From Andy Pook <andy.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: More compiler warnings.
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 21:01:13 GMT
Yup, I agree that there's no such thing as a "safe" warning. They are
there for a reason. However, if we are going to consistently ignore
the ones we currently have (ie LUCENENET-320 is also closed) then I
think it's useful to have some method of filtering the warnings we do
get so that we can identify the more insidious ones from all the
comment warning noise.

I posted the msbuild command lines just so that the was something on
the list and searchable for anybody hacking on Lucene.Net can ignore
the noise without needing to change the csproj.

Question: How do you and the other commiters do this? Do you mod the
csproj? Or do you just pay attention to errors?

Question: I assume that you plan to do something about all the
warnings at some future point once you've got to the point were you
can just maintain commit parity with Java Lucene instead of the code
migrate pain that George has done previously? Is that still the plan?