From Andy Pook <andy.p...@gmail.com>
Subject How do you open Contrib.net?
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:40:10 GMT
Sounds like a dumb question...

Windows Explorer does not recognise it as a VS solutions file. The
icon has the VS symbol (lower right) but not the version number
(usually top right).
Using File|Open in VS shows the Conversion wizard. The report at the
end says that it has converted Lucene.Net.csproj.

Opening the file in notepad shows that the Lucene project is included
in the solution. I'm pretty sure that including a VS05 project in a
VS08 solution is not possible (without conversion).

I'm assuming that this was done so that the Contrib.Net projects could
have a project reference. Until we can convert everything to a later
VS version we will have to change this to be a file reference instead
(to "..\..\src\Lucene.Net\bin\Debug\Lucene.Net.dll" and "Release" as
appropriate).

Or am I missing something?

Cheers