From "Hans Merkl" ...@hmerkl.com>
Subject RE: Balanced Segment Mergepolicy
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 19:30:08 GMT
As a follow up to Ranga's request for a zipped version of 2.9.1 I would like to suggest that
the link to the stable zipped release on the project page http://lucene.apache.org/lucene.net/
is updated more often. Right now, it points to a version from March 2007.
I am pretty new to Lucene.Net and when I looked at the download link, I thought that the project
hasn't been worked on since 2007 and was not maintained anymore. I am glad I poked around
the Subversion tree and found newer releases there.  I wonder how many people look at the
outdated download link, assume the project is abandoned as I did initially, and don't try
it. It’s also not 100% clear which version in the Subversion is most up-to-date and stable.

Hans

-----Original Message-----
From: Ranga [mailto:ranga@capdigisoft.com]
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 1:13 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Balanced Segment Mergepolicy

Hi,
I m using Lucene.Net version 2.9.1 for my development. I m facing performance issue while
updating large index. I read that zoie have contributed BalancedSegmentMergePolicy and it
is available in Lucene Java 3.0 version. Since I m not aware of Java can anyone incorporate
this merge policy in Lucene.Net 2.9.1/.2 as a patch. Otherwise can u guide me to handle this
issue.

Also I would like to have the zipped version of Lucene.Net 2.9.1 / .2. Can anyone send me
the link.

Thanks in advance

-RANGA