From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: SharpZipLib dependency
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 05:08:13 GMT
SharpZipLib has always had an exclusion to its normal license if you're just linking to the
.DLL:

http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SharpZipLib/
"Bottom line In plain English this means you can use this library in commercial closed-source
applications."

ICompressionAdapter looks simple enough...could it be implemented using the Framework's GZipStream?----
Original Message ----

From: George Aroush <george@aroush.net>
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Sun, November 29, 2009 12:48:57 AM
Subject: RE: SharpZipLib dependency

Out of the box, Lucene.Net should not have any external dependency. This was
the case till 2.4; with 2.9.1, I would like to see that old behavior.

My suggestion is this gets fixed by using reflections to load SharpZipLib or
not, at run time.  This is important because not everyone compiles
Lucene.Net (think of our VB.NET users) or can use SharpZipLib (think of
license issue).

-- George