From Kurt Mackey <k...@mubble.net>
Subject RE: Source control reorg / build server
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 20:26:01 GMT
Solr would be nice, but I'm thinking something a little simpler.  A small library that abstracts
out the whole index management process would be a good start.  Something you can open an index
with and let it take care of managing concurrency for writers, opening readers, etc.

I'm not entirely sure how nhibernate.search works.  Does it basically index the nhibernate
data objects for you?

-Kurt

-----Original Message-----
From: Jokin Cuadrado [mailto:jokin.c@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 3:07 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Source control reorg / build server

You are talking about something like solr for .net?

Nhibernate.search is a way to abstract the lucene usage, but the
hibernate learning curve is greater than the lucene one. It could be
useful if you already use nhibernate.

--
regards
jokin

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 6:34 PM, Kurt Mackey <kurt@mubble.net> wrote:
> Hey Guys (and girls?):
>
> We use Lucene.net pretty extensively on Ars Technica, and have for quite a while.  Every
content listing you see is generated with a Lucene query.

> I'd like to setup a continuous integration server for Lucene.net and put up live builds.
 It's much easier to do this if the repository contains all the project dependencies.  If
you don't mind giving me commit access, I'd be happy to add the dependencies to the source
tree somewhere.

> Also, I'd love to see some stuff in the project specifically for easing the pain of using
Lucene in a normal .NET application.  I'm sure most companies that use Lucene.net have some
library that abstracts things for everyday use.  Are there any plans to do something like
that as part of the Lucene.net project?