juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <jamesbog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Method 'GET' not found on resource with matching pattern on path '/htdocs/themes/devops.css'.
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2018 20:49:47 GMT
Is that the org.apache.juneau.microservice.resources.LogsResource class?

A 500 error definitely sounds like something is wrong.  If it can't
find the file, it should be a 404.

How this works is that the BasicRestConfig interface defines the
following annotation:
   @RestResource(
      staticFiles="$C{REST/staticFiles}"
   )

Then the config file defines the following:
   [REST]
   # URL mappings to static files in the working directory or classpath.
   staticFiles = htdocs:files/htdocs

So when a request is sent to /admin/logs/htdocs/..., it gets
intercepted by our resource at /admin/logs which checks to see if the
remainder /htdocs/... matches one of our static file mappings.  If it
does, it tries to find that file in the working directory
"files/htdocs", or in the classpath "files/htdocs".  If it can't find
the file then it should return a 404.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you place it in the following
location in your classpath?
"org/apache.juneau/microservice/resource/files/htdocs/devops.css"
On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 3:36 PM Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 1:35 PM Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I have:
>>>
>>> @RestResource(
>>> path="/",
>>>
>>> changing that to "/*" does not help :-( but...
>>>
>>>  2) Make sure you have this /files directory in your working directory:

>>> If I copy the folders and files from
>>>
>>> https://github.com/apache/juneau/tree/juneau-7.2.2/juneau-microservice/juneau-microservice-template/files
>>>
>>> into my Eclipse/Maven project at
>>>
>>> src/main/resources/com/rs/seagull/httpmonitor/admin/htdocs
>>>
>>> for my @RestResource class com.rs.seagull.httpmonitor.admin.AdminRootResources,
then my main page at /admin is now styled (good) but when I click on the built-in "logs" link,
then _that_ page is not styled.

>>> So I copied devops.css to src/main/resources but that does not help.
>>>
>>> What am I missing?
>>

>> A few more details. I embed Jetty and use a jetty.xml to map /admin to com.rs.seagull.httpmonitor.admin.AdminRootResources
>>
>> For the logs page, the browser requests http://localhost:9193/admin/logs/htdocs/themes/devops.css
and does not find it.

> The server returns a 500 which is odd, as opposed to a 404.
>
> Gary
>

>> Where is logs/htdocs/themes/devops.css supposed to be mapped?
>>
>> Gary
>>

>>> Thank you,
>>> Gary

browser displays a page, it has NO styling and the server console shows:

Method 'GET' not found on resource with matching pattern on path '/htdocs/themes/devops.css'.

in our server to pickup the stylesheet?