juneau-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Juneau new release guidelines.
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2016 01:58:24 GMT
James,

This is awesome, thank you!
Assuming we get through this first release, I want to share this document
with a broader audience to try to put together documented best practices
for the incubator release structure.  This covers the maven side that I've
always seen as a problem.

A couple of notes:

- You may want to set push to false when doing a release.  There's still a
lot of discussion out there, but it may be easier to manage a release off
of a fork rather than the main repo (and push to the main repo once the
release is done).  There's trade offs either way.
- By not pushing, you eliminate the need to do an RC build as well.
- It would be great if release notes could come out of JIRA rather than
being checked in.
- The vote/discuss emails confuse me.  Where did that come from?  The most
I ever see (or expect to see) is a heads up style email saying someone is
thinking about cutting a release.

Also, You don't need "Subject:" in your email subjects.  I think we're also
missing the DISCLAIMER as well, indicating that this is a project under
incubation.

John