juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: LICENSE/NOTICE updates for 3rd-party libraries.
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2016 23:38:17 GMT
Hi James,

Easy stuff first.

Anything that comes from Apache projects is already covered by the existing NOTICE file which
includes the standard line “… includes code developed at Apache…”.

This includes http*, commons*, geronimo*.

For others, generally include the full license text in LICENSE and the legally required notices
in NOTICE.

Craig

> On Oct 27, 2016, at 4:22 PM, James Bognar <james.bognar@salesforce.com> wrote:
>
> Justin Mclean pointed out some deficiencies in our LICENSE and NOTICE files.
>
> The juneau-samples.jar file is a fat jar consisting of code from the
> following dependencies...
>
> + httpclient - http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client
>   + httpcore - http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core-ga
>   + commons-logging - http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-logging/
>   + commons-codec - http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-codec/
> + jetty-all-server - org.eclipse.jetty.aggregate
>   + servlet-api - org.mortbay.jetty
>   + geronimo-jta - org.apache.geronimo.specs
>   + mail - https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/mail/
>   + activation - http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/jaf/index.jsp
>   + geronimo-jaspic - http://geronimo.apache.org/maven/${siteId}/${version}
>   + geronimo-annotation - org.apache.geronimo.specs
>   + asm-commons - ???
>      +asm-tree - ???
>         +asm - ???
>   + commons-fileupload -
> http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-fileupload/
>      + commons-io - http://commons.apache.org/io/
> The samples jar is the only place where we package 3rd-party dependencies.
>
> I'll need some help determining what I need to put into these files.
>

> --
> James Bognar

Craig L Russell
Architect