juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Quick update on status of code.
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2016 19:28:45 GMT
Hi James,

> On Aug 7, 2016, at 8:44 AM, James Bognar <james.bognar@salesforce.com> wrote:
>
> @John -
> One neat thing I just noticed... Our README.md file in the root gets used
> when accessing the project through the GitHub mirror.  I think our GitHub
> mirror should be the primary portal for accessing our source code.  It's
> read-only though, right?  If you want to actually contribute, you need to
> access the code through the apache git repo?

I think that this setup (committers use the Apache git repo; the github repo is a read-only
mirror) could be in the README.md file. Along with instructions on how to contribute. If contributors
have to issue pull requests against the Apache git repo then this should be well documented.

In case it is not obvious I don’t have a lot of experience with mirrored repos. But as a
user I think it will be good to have as much detail as possible how to join the contributors.

Craig

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org