juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Git repo up
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 18:28:09 GMT
The best thing about using maven is that once published, the only thing a user has to do is
to start using juneau is to update their pom to include the juneau jars. And to install a
new release, update the pom again. No download scripts, no searching the web, no install tools.

Without maven, how do folks download, install and use juno? (not a rhetorical question)

Of course, I’d expect that an integration with docker and/or other vm technology (puppet,
chef, etc) will also be important.

Craig

> On Aug 1, 2016, at 1:28 AM, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 2:22 AM, James Bognar
> <james.bognar@salesforce.com> wrote:
>> I've uploaded the contents of Juno from JazzHub.
>
> First impression: This all looks very "Eclipsy" to me. Will it stay
> that way, or are we going to use a standard build system like
> Maven/Gradle/Ant/Whatever?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jochen
>

> --