juneau-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven work
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 21:13:17 GMT
The traditional problem I've had with eclipse is that these files are
dynamically generated.  I'm not sure we can apply headers to them for
instance.  So when I open it, I may end up generating different versions
than if you or James did.

John

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 4:59 PM Craig Russell <craig.russell@oracle.com>
wrote:

> Hi James, John,
>
> I think it is fine to have the source tree contain eclipse-tooling-only
> artifacts if it makes life easier for eclipse users. I don’t think there
> are any licensing issues by including these artifacts.
>
> In any case, making it easier for users to exploit their tools of choice
> gets my +1. So I’m also keen on making sure there are maven poms as part of
> the project, and good instructions for users on how to use their tools of
> choice.
>
> Craig
>
> > On Aug 2, 2016, at 1:26 PM, James Bognar <james.bognar@salesforce.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I'll have to mess around with it a bit.  I was pretty sure Eclipse would
> > not recognize a directory as a project without the presence of the
> .project
> > file.
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 4:22 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, its unusual to have those checked in.  Eclipse has native maven
> >> support, or at least in a plugin (haven't used eclipse in a while).
> >>
> >> John
> >>
> >> On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 2:50 PM James Bognar <
> james.bognar@salesforce.com>

> the
> etc...).

> >> .classpath,