juneau-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From James Bognar <james.bog...@salesforce.com>
Subject Quick update on status of code.
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2016 19:04:37 GMT
Here's a quick update from the past week....

I cleaned up the Eclipse .settings folders and removed the PDE and WTP
natures from all the projects.  The PDE nature was messing with the maven
classpath and causing the server JUnits to fail with "signer information
does not match signer information of other classes in the same package"
errors. There were a couple of other errors I noticed when running under
Java 8 that I also fixed. I'm now able to cleanly run all tests on Java 6,
7, and 8.

One interesting note is that I'm seeing consistent timing differences when
running the core JUnits under different versions of Java...
Java 6 - ~8 seconds
Java 7 - ~10 seconds
Java 8 - ~4.5 seconds

The HashMap optimizations in Java 8 help explain why that's so much faster
since we use HashMap extensively throughout the code.  I don't know why
Java 7 seems to be consistently slower than Java 6 though.

Still missing is running the server JUnits as part of the Maven build.
These are tricky and I don't know enough about Maven yet to know how to
handle these.  The oaj.samples and oaj.server.test projects get executed as
REST microservices on port 10000 and 10001 respectively (they get built as
executable jars).  The JUnits in those projects run against those services
using the RestClient API.  The old ANT script used to execute those jars
and then run the JUnits.  We'll need to do something similar using Maven.

Also, we were using Jacoco for test coverage reports in ANT.  If possible,
I'd like to keep this capability.

-- 
James Bognar

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message