juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <james.bog...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: Quick update on status of code.
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 00:08:06 GMT
> Does anyone know how to export the formatter settings?

I'm not sure what you mean.  The formatter settings are stored in config
files in the .settings directories.  These can be exported to an *.epf file
(XML file), but I'm pretty sure these can only be imported into other
Eclipse workspaces.  To my knowledge, there isn't a common formatter
settings file that can be used by other environments such as NetBeans.

Why are you asking?

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 7:13 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:

> I've pushed up the root pom.  I'm going to setup jenkins now.
>
> Does anyone know how to export the formatter settings?
>
> John
>
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 4:56 PM John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Are you referring to eclipse project or something else?  Usually we do 1
> > project = 1 git repo.
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 4:55 PM Peter Haumer <phaumer@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, I understood that, but I was more referring to John's earlier
> >> comment of "it does not add up". The current assumption is one project
> for
> >> each module and vice versa. If that is questioned then I would drive the
> >> decision making process around what we want to support and then decide
> >> based on that what the best way of structuring the code is. I want to
> avoid
> >> decision making a la "others do it like that" if the cases are not
> directly
> >> comparable.
> >>

> >> Thanks and best regards,
> >> Peter Haumer.

> >> PETER HAUMER, Dr. rer. nat.
> >> IBM zSystems Software
> >>
> >> [image: Inactive hide details for James Bognar ---08/08/2016 01:48:06
> >> PM---Hi Peter, I think you may misunderstand. When you load the]James
> >> Bognar ---08/08/2016 01:48:06 PM---Hi Peter, I think you may
> misunderstand.
> >> When you load the repo into your workspace,
> >>

> >> From: James Bognar <james.bognar@salesforce.com>
> >> To: dev@juneau.incubator.apache.org
> >>
> >> Date: 08/08/2016 01:48 PM
> >>

> >> Subject: Re: Quick update on status of code.
> >>
> > Hi Peter,
> >>
> >> I think you may misunderstand.  When you load the repo into your
> >> workspace,
> >> you get the exact same projects as before PLUS a root-level project
> called
> >> "juneau-root".  Nothing has changed structurally.  The only difference
> is
> >> that the releng POM will be moved to the project root, and you can
> access
> >> it through the root-level project.  The releng workspace can probably go
> >> away eventually.

> >> out
> >> want to
> >> project