juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <james.bog...@salesforce.com>
Subject Summary of websites.
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2016 16:30:31 GMT
Hi all,

Here's a summary of our websites and their purposes.

*Main website - *http://juneau.incubator.apache.org/

A very basic page with a quick summary and links.  Try to keep this sparse
(i.e. no knowledge articles, developer info, etc...).

   - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUNEAU-6 - Complete project
   website.
   Current page was put together quickly and needs to be cleaned up.

*Javadocs -* http://juneau.incubator.apache.org/api-documentation/index.html

We keep all of our user documentation in the Javadocs (overview.html and
package-level HTML files).  "Articles" can be written as HTML files in
doc-files directories.

   - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUNEAU-10 - This is currently
   hosted by dumping the generated Javadocs into
   *incubator-juneau-website/content/api-documentation*.  It feels wrong
   storing generated Javadocs in a git repo.  Is there a better option for
   hosting javadocs?

*Incubator website -* http://incubator.apache.org/projects/juneau.html

Really nothing of substance should be on this page except
incubation-related info.

   - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUNEAU-8 - The data in the
   Project Info section should all be moved to the main website, and Incubator
   information needs to be updated.

*GitHub mirror - *http://github.com/apache/incubator-juneau

This mirror page is populated with data from the README.md in the source
code root.  Maybe just replace the contents with a link to the main
website?

   - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUNEAU-5 - Update root README.md
   file.

*Confluence workspace -*
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JUNEAU/Juneau+Home

All developer-related information should be kept here:
- Instructions on workspace setup
- Instructions on becoming contributors
- Design documents

   - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUNEAU-7 - Set up Confluence