juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <james.bog...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: Quick update on status of code.
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2016 18:55:45 GMT
On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 12:50 PM, John D. Ament <john.d.ament@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We need to clean up the README IMHO, to avoid people contacting only you
> and Peter, and instead maybe link to a community page on our website that
> includes mailing list archives?

 I noticed that also.  I've opened a task in Jira to clean it up.

> We should do it earlier than later.  I have access, and I can also get
> access requested.  See also: https://wiki.apache.org/general/Jenkins

That's fine.  I just can't personally work on setting that up right now.

> > Yep....the RestMicroservice class is started up through a main method.
> We
> > invoke it directly when using the juneau-samples launcher to start it up
> in
> > Eclipse.
> > The RestMicroservice class uses info from the MANIFEST.MF file.  But it
> > works fine whether packaged as an executable jar or loose on the file
> > system under ./META-INF/MANIFEST.MF.
> >

> It would be great to decouple that.  Making it so that you can use MANIFEST
> or other means.

 Yea...that's the way it works.  You can define the configuration in either
the MANIFEST.MF file or an external configuration INI file.  You don't need
a manifest file if everything is configured in the INI file.

--
James Bognar