incubator-ivy-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Xavier Hanin (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Resolved: (IVY-470) EOL in the doc pages
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 11:00:15 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-470?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Xavier Hanin resolved IVY-470.
------------------------------

       Resolution: Fixed
    Fix Version/s: 2.0.0-alpha-2

I've just checked in what should fix the problem. I've set the eol character to LF in all
the xooki managed files, because xooki is always using LF for eol, thus we had troubles only
the first time we edited a page with xooki. Indeed most of the pages have been simply migrated
from the old doc, without xooki involved, and thus were using my windows box eol chars.
I've also set the svn eol-style property to LF on those files, so that we make sure to keep
it like that. This should help us cleaner diff reports in the future.

> EOL in the doc pages
> --------------------
>
>                 Key: IVY-470
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-470
>             Project: Ivy
>          Issue Type: Wish
>          Components: Documentation
>    Affects Versions: 2.0
>         Environment: OS : Windows 
> Subversion client : windows
> Browser : Firefox on Windows
> Command line : cygwin (but with the windows svn)
>            Reporter: Gilles Scokart
>         Assigned To: Xavier Hanin
>             Fix For: 2.0.0-alpha-2
>
>
> When playing with patches and svn update, I notice a small issue with the doc files.
 It seems that we have some 'changing end of line' characters into the part editable by xooki.
 I guess it is according to the OS where we edit the file.
> For a concrete example:
> I modified locally (on Windows) a file in the browser directly.  I made an svn update
that was conflicting.  In theory I didn't modified the same lines than the one modified in
the repository.  So the merge should have been done automatically.  However, svn was considering
that all the textarea content was conflicting.
> I'm not sure where the fix should be done: either in xooki to always save using the same
end of line character (I don't if it is feasible) or in the svn properties 'svn:eol-style'
of the files.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message