From Lothar Klein <lothar.kl...@lksoft.com>
Subject Re: Champion and Mentors wanted for new potential Apache SST incubator project
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2021 13:52:05 GMT
Hello Nathan,

Right, STEP geometry is one of the things we could do with SST. We are just finishing with
a higher level ontology that is directly derived from STEP geometry models (written in the
Express modelling language) and that is directly integrated in SST as "early binding". So
an application can directly operate on objects such an Ellipse, a BSplineSurfaceWithKnots,a
Torus or to take advantage of the new triangulated data capabilities.
The next thing to do is to write a STEP p21-file parser that can transform the data in a p21
file into RDF using the higher level ontology. After this we might look for ways how to display
the geometry in a browser ... there are several approached that could be taken for this.

Cheers

Lothar