From Paul Angus <p...@angus.uk.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: IP clearance officer for accepting Terraform
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2021 11:05:33 GMT
@Rohit Yadav<mailto:rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>

I can do it as a Member or Gabriel can do it as an officer.

As per the IP clearance page you reference, do you have the software grant ready to go?

“A software grant must be provided to the ASF. This grant can either be done by the ASF
Corporate CLA (via Schedule B) or the Software Grant Agreement. The completed and signed grant
must be emailed to secretary@apache.org<mailto:secretary@apache.org>”

Note: “Either an Individual CLA or Corporate CLA is preferred to a Software Grant. All authors
must sign an Individual CLA; or all owners of IP must sign one of the three documents and
send to secretary (reference http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas<http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas>).”

Kind regards

Paul Angus

From: Rohit Yadav <rohit@apache.org>
Sent: 21 June 2021 10:25
To: <private@cloudstack.apache.org> <private@cloudstack.apache.org>; general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: IP clearance officer for accepting Terraform

All,

We're in the process of accepting the Terraform provider codebase under ACS PMC. The ACS PMC
has already accepted the initiative and a vote on the same has already passed: https://markmail.org/message/g4prb25g7wakbifa

As the next step, I was advised by ASF legal and others in the list to follow the IP clearance
process for accepting the codebase. I've already been in touch with Sander who currently has
got the repository transferred by Hashicorp (https://github.com/svanharmelen/terraform-provider-cloudstack)
and all major contributors have agreed to codebase relicensing to APLv2 on record (see separate
thread to ACS PMC).

As part of IP clearance (https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html)
it says:
"IP Clearance processing must be executed either by an Officer or a Member of the ASF. If
you are not an Officer or a Member, please contact your project chair who will find an appropriate
volunteer. Incubator karma is also required. Please request karma from the incubator pmc if
you do not have it."

Therefore, is there anybody on the ACS PMC list (maybe Sebastien? or our chair Gabriel to
help find?) who can help. I can volunteer too to be the IP clearance officer but I don't think
I've the incubator karma - for which may I request general@incubator how to be granted the
same. Thanks.

Regards.