From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hop (incubating) 0.99-rc1
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2021 23:47:51 GMT
Hi,

> It wasn't part of the software grant so we were just following the bundling
> apache licensed 2.0 code route as explained here [1].

See [1] "However, for completeness it is useful to list the products and their versions, as
is done for products under other licenses.” Common practice is that you list any ALv2 licensed
code in your LICENSE file. Also if the code base if came from has a NOTICE file you may need
to alter your NOTICE file as well. Can you point to the code base / repository it come from?

It still seems odd to me that only this one file has come across in this fashion, all of those
files in that directory didn’t exist in the previous release where did they come from? Have
their headers been altered?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://infra.apache.org/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep