From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hop (incubating) 0.99-rc1
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2021 08:09:00 GMT
Hi,

> The Simple SQL Parser that was included recently and where we had the one
> file with incorrect header was included for completeness sake but it was
> the notable exception I think.  But even that code needed refactoring,
> cleanup and actually quite a bit of work to port over.

Even if something requires changes, it generally stays with the same header and license as
the original. [1] Only once major changes have been made should the (P)PMC consider changing
the license. It this case I think the best way forward (but not the only solution) is to donated
that code in the external repo as a software grant.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party