From Rohit Yadav <ro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IP clearance officer for accepting Terraform
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2021 14:19:19 GMT
Justin,

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 7:22 PM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > 3. Paul to update and commit the IP clearance:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/content/ip-clearance/cloudstack-terraform.xml
> >     and send an email to general@incubator (/cc to
> private@cloudstack.apache.org) prefixed [IP CLEARANCE] asking for
> clearance to be checked.
> >     Sign off is by lazy consensus so wait at least 72 hours for a -1.
>
> Also I’m not 100% that this is valid as it only lists Sander van Harmelen
> as the IP owner, you would need permission from Hashicorp right?

The codebases are under Sander's control who also was the original/main
author who had maintained the repo under the 'hashicorp' Github org, and
all top 5 contributors (including Sander) have agreed to the initiative
including re-licensing under APLv2 (already done now). I don't see why we
need permission from Hashicorp (the company) but feel free to advise:
https://github.com/xanzy/terraform-provider-cloudstack
https://github.com/xanzy/go-cloudstack

Regards.